Returning Student Registration
For parents of returning students:
Online registration for the 2023 - 2024 school year for returning students is now open.
Instructions for on-line registration:
- Sign in to PowerSchool with your user ID and password that you set up and utilized for last school year's registration to access the PowerSchool parent portal throughout the school year. Tablets and cell phones will not work for on-line registration, you will need to utilize a computer or a laptop with a full browser to complete the process.
- If you forgot your username or password, please call the Unit Office at 815-634-2287 or email [email protected]
- After signing in to the Parent Portal, click on the On-line Registration icon on the left to enter into School Forms.
- After you have logged in, carefully review the demographic, emergency contact, and yearly registration information. Make changes and add information where necessary, paying close attention to each field. Please note that the student’s name MUST be entered exactly as it appears on the birth certificate. Fields marked with red asterisk are required.
- When your registration is complete, type in your name and check the box in the lower left-hand side to confirm that the form is complete. Click on Save Form at the bottom of the screen. This process must be completed for each student. Once you complete your forms, they will no longer be available to access. If you have changes to make after you complete the online registration, please contact your child's school building office.
- Review important registration information on the district website www.coalcityschools.org by selecting Registration Information under the parent tab.
- Fees must now be paid on RevTrak https://coalcity.revtrak.net/
- Deadline for fee payment is Thursday, September 7, 2023. Free/reduced lunch applications for 2023-2024 will be available on July 15, 2023. If you think you qualify for free/reduced lunches, please do not pay registration fees, as you will be eligible for a registration fee waiver. Fee information is available on the home page of the website under Parents – then Registration Information.
- PLEASE NOTE: If your address has changed, you need to bring in proof, and complete a new Residency Affidavit.
You may access online registration from home, but if you do not have internet access, you can utilize a computer at the local library.
Power School Link
Pay registration fees and to add lunch money to your student's account on RevTrak https://coalcity.revtrak.net/
Physical/Dental/Eye Exam Information
The deadline for physical and immunization forms is Tuesday, September 5, 2023. Grades Kindergarten, Sixth, Ninth and all out of state transfer students require a physical and immunizations by the State of Illinois. Students entering grade 12 require completion of the meningitis vaccine. Dental Exams are required for students in grades Kindergarten, Two, Six and NINE. Be sure to make appointments with your doctor early for the required physical, immunization and dental exams. Forms are available on the district website: www.coalcityschools.org A drop off box is located at District Office for delivery of completed physical, dental, and eye exam forms. Forms should be placed in the drop-off box in a sealed envelope with student’s name and grade level on the outside. If forms are mailed to the school, please mark attention: nurse along with student’s name.
A state law effective Jan 1, 2008, requires an eye examination for children upon first entry into Illinois schools. This law affects students entering into kindergarten, some First-grade students and all out of state transfer students. The exam will need to be completed and appropriate forms submitted to the school nurse.
If you have a problem or questions, please contact support at [email protected] or call the district office at 815-634-2287.