Returning Student Registration
Log into your PowerSchool parent account to complete registration forms:
Power School Link
Most tablets and cell phones do not work well with the on-line school form software, so parents should use a computer/laptop with a full browser to complete the process.
Online Registration Instructions for the 2019 - 2020 School Year:
- Sign in to PowerSchool with your user ID and password that you set up and used for 2018-2019 registration and to access the PowerSchool parent portal throughout the school year. If you forgot your username or password, select “Forgot Username or Password?” and enter the information requested to gain access to your account. A temporary user name or password will be sent to the email that was originally used to establish your PowerSchool account.
- After signing in to the Parent Portal, click on the On-line Registration icon on the left side to enter into schoolforms.
- After you have logged in, carefully review the demographic, emergency contact, and yearly registration information. Make changes and add information where necessary, paying close attention to each field. Please note that the student name MUST be entered exactly as it appears on the birth certificate. Fields marked with red stars are required.
- When your registration is complete, type in your name and check the box to confirm that the form is complete. Click on Save Form at the bottom of the screen. This process must be completed for each student. Once you complete your forms, they will not be available to access. If you have changes to make after you complete online registration, please contact your school building office.
- Review important registration information on the district website www.coalcityschools.org.
- Fees can be paid on EZSchool Pay, during walk-in registration or at the district office. Deadline for fee payment is Tuesday, September 3, 2019. Free/reduced lunch applications for 2019-2020 will be available on July 18, 2019. If you think you qualify for free/reduced lunches, please do not pay registration fees, as you will be eligible for a registration fee waiver. Fee information is available above.
- Physical/Dental/Eye Exam Information - The deadline for the PHYSICAL & IMMUNIZATION FORM is Tuesday, September 3, 2019. Grades Kindergarten, Sixth, Ninth and all out of state transfer students require a physical and immunizations by the State of Illinois. Grades Kindergarten, Two, Six and NINE (New for 2019-2020) require a DENTAL EXAM by the State of Illinois. Be sure to make appointments with your doctor early for the required physical, immunization and dental exams. Drop off boxes will be located at each district building for delivery of completed physical, dental, and eye exam forms. Forms should be placed in the drop-off boxes in a sealed envelope with student’s name and grade level on the outside. If forms are mailed to the school, please mark attention: nurse along with student’s name. A state law effective Jan 1, 2008, requires an EYE EXAMINATION for children upon first entry into Illinois schools. This law affects students entering into Kindergarten, some First grade students and all out of state transfer students. The exam will need to be completed and appropriate forms submitted to the school nurse.