Returning Student Registration
Log into your PowerSchool parent account to complete registration forms:
Power School Link
Most tablets and cell phones do not work well with the on-line school form software, so parents should use a computer/laptop with a full browser to complete the process.
Online registration for returning students is now available and must be completed by Saturday, August 1, 2020.
- Go to our website at: www.coalcityschools.org, and Under the Parent Tab at the top, select Registration Information - then Returning Student Registration. Most tablets and cell phones do not work well with the online school form software, so parents should use a computer with a full browser to complete the process.
- Sign in to PowerSchool with your user ID and password that you set up and used for 2019-2020 registration and to access the PowerSchool parent portal throughout the school year. If you forgot your username or password, select “Forgot Username or Password?” and enter the information requested to gain access to your account. A temporary username or password will be sent to the email that was originally used to establish your PowerSchool account.
- After signing in to the Parent Portal, click on the Online Registration icon on the left to enter into schoolforms.
- After you have logged in, carefully review the demographic, emergency contact, and yearly registration information. Make changes and add information where necessary, paying close attention to each field. Please note that the student name MUST be entered exactly as it appears on the birth certificate. Fields marked with red stars are required.
- When your registration is complete, type in your name and check the box to confirm that the form is complete. Click on Save Form at the bottom of the screen. This process must be completed for each student. Once you complete your forms, they will not be available to access. If you have changes to make after you complete online registration, please contact your school building office.
- Review important registration information on the district website www.coalcityschools.org by selecting Registration Information under the parent tab.
- Fees can be paid on EZSchool Pay, during walk-in registration or at the district office. Deadline for fee payment is Tuesday, September 1, 2020. Free/reduced lunch applications for 2020-2021 will be available on July 17, 2020. If you think you qualify for free/reduced lunches, please do not pay registration fees, as you will be eligible for a registration fee waiver, but this does not include classroom fees. Fee information is available on the home page of the website under Parents – then Registration Information.
Physical/Dental/Eye Exam Information
- The deadline for physical and immunization forms is Tuesday, September 1, 2020. Grades Kindergarten, Sixth, Ninth and all out of state transfer students require a physical and immunizations by the State of Illinois. Students entering grade 12 require completion of the meningitis vaccine. Dental exams are required for students in grades Kindergarten, Two, Six and NINE (New for 2020-2021). Be sure to make appointments with your doctor early for the required physical, immunization and dental exams. Forms are available on the district website: www.coalcityschools.org A drop off box is located at the high school for delivery of completed physical, dental, and eye exam forms over the summer. Forms should be placed in the drop box in a sealed envelope with the student’s name and grade level on the outside. If forms are mailed to the school, please mark attention: nurse along with student’s name.
- A state law effective Jan 1, 2008, requires an eye examination for children upon first entry into Illinois schools. This law affects students entering into Kindergarten, some First-grade students and all out of state transfer students. The exam will need to be completed and appropriate forms submitted to the school nurse.
- If you have a problem or questions, please contact support at PowerSchoolsupport@coalcityschools.org or call the school office at 815-634-2287.